Nov. 14, 2018
Hosted by Director, Greg Northen.
Join CGWG attorney Greg Northen for an hour of learning about timely topics heading into the end-of-year season for many workplaces. This webinar will cover a variety of common wage & hour issues that face HR and other administrative professionals, both under federal and state laws. With an overview of legal issues, updates to recent wage standards, and several Holiday-themed case studies, we will work to apply the legal issues to real-world employment challenges, including:
- Compensable waiting, training, and/or meeting times (should Rudolph be paid while waiting on Santa?)
- Deductions from paychecks (can you require mandatory contributions to the office Thanksgiving lunch?)
- Preventing off-the-clock claims (are Frosty’s after-hours work emails covered?)
- Travel time (does driving to Grandma’s house count as work time?)
- Bonus pay (will a holiday bonus change the elves’ overtime rates?)
Additional topics will likely arise and any wage-related questions are encouraged during this interactive webinar. Join us!
Wednesday, November 14, 2018 | 11:00 a.m.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND PAY (Please use the following reference # when paying: 1845.299)
***Please note that due to any number of unforeseen circumstances, webinars may need to be postponed. In the rare event that this happens, attendees will be notified and a new date set as soon as possible.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-appr