Advanced Human Resource Training
Oct. 16, 2018
Advanced Human Resources Training goes beyond the basics to ensure that seasoned Human Resources Professionals, Managers, and mid-level to upper-level Supervisors know how to handle some of the recurring complicated problems in the workplace. Learn how to prevent legal nightmares while lowering turnover costs, improving productivity and motivating employees.
Advanced Human Resources Training – developed by the attorneys at Cross, Gunter, Witherspoon & Galchus, P.C. – is designed to help your company avoid legal action resulting from complex HR issues. We provide the answers you need to the challenges you face! This one-day seminar will explore the following topics:
- Complying with the FLSA: Learn about off-the-clock claims; meal and rest periods; special time issues such as travel time, seminars, and training time; and, misclassification issues.
- Strategies for Responding to EEOC Charges: Learn how to evaluate and investigate EEOC charges; tips and best practices on preparing position statements; and, the EEOC’s new rules on confidentiality of position statements and their new online portal.
- ADA/FMLA Changes and Addressing Complex Issues: Review recent FMLA and ADA changes and interpretations, including how to handle substance abuse as a potential disability or FMLA-qualifying event; when to contact an employee who is out on leave; dealing with malingerers; and, the intersection of ADA, FMLA, and workers’ compensation.
- How NLRB Issues Affect Your Workforce: Learn strategies to stay union-free; protected concerted activity and expansion of employee rights under the NLRA; and, how to defend unfair labor practice charges.
- Preventing Violence in the Workplace: Learn the profile of a violent employee; triggers of workplace violence and how to prevent it; and, legal obligations and liability as a supervisor.
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
CGWG Little Rock
500 President Clinton Avenue, Suite 200
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201
CLICK HERE TO PAY **In the reference section, please put seminar number 1845.297 followed by the attendee's name.
To register for this seminar, please contact Hannah Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CANCELLATIONS WITHIN 48 HOURS OF THE EVENT WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR REFUND. Credits may be transferred to a future training if notified at the time of cancellation.
“The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.”