George R. Ernst
Admitted to Practice
- Pennsylvania, 2008
- Arkansas, 2012
- Western and Eastern U.S. District Courts of Arkansas, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, 2014
- George is an accomplished business immigration attorney with over ten years of experience representing multi-national corporations across various industries. His practice focuses on advising clients in highly technical and complex matters relating to the employment of foreign nationals under EB-5 visas for international investors, EB-1 and EB-2 visas for employment-based immigration, national interest waivers, E-2 treaty visas, and H-1 and O-1 temporary work visas reserved for STEM professionals, specialty occupations, and individuals of extraordinary ability. Complimenting his immigration practice, Mr. Ernst will also support the Firm’s Employment Defense practice group in zealously advocating for employers in the growing area of government-initiated I-9 audits and charges.
- Mr. Ernst also has experience representing clients with regard to the following legal issues:
- The Arkansas Civil Rights Act;
- The Arkansas Minimum Wage Act;
- The Fair Labor Standards Act;
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- The Family Medical Leave Act and
- The Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Mr. Ernst is fluent in German.
- American Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Friends of KLRE/KUAR, Board of Directors
- Humboldt Universität zu Berlin — Juristiche Fakultät, Berlin, Germany, LL.M. in European Union and German Law, August 2008
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA, J.D., May 2007: Journal of Technology Law and Policy, Executive Editor
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, B.A. in German and Philosophy, both with Honors, May 2004